Want to keep a client for a long time? Give them what THEY want!
Posted on November 7th, 2019 to Barefoot Training
On Monday, I visited our long time supporters and friends over at Fitness Together in Melrose.
James Re is the manager at the Melrose location and he was kind enough to bring me through an awesome workout. When I arrived, we chatted for a few and then he asked me what my typical gym session looked like. Below are the three items that I mentioned.
- Full body
It may seem simple, but giving the client what THEY want and not what the TRAINER wants or thinks they want is a huge concept for a trainer/coach to learn. Keeping things simple is harder than it seems for many reasons. From trying to brand yourself, ego, and even the time/energy/money spent on certifications. You may have seen the email signature that looks something like the following:
Mike Lyon ABC, DE, FG, HIJ, KLM, NOPQ, RST, UV, WXYZ
It was very impressive that James was able to ask me a few questions, listen to my response, and give me exactly what I wanted based on my response.
Below is what we did. Give it a go and let us know what you think!
Fitness Together Melrose
Today’s Workout: Upper Body Push/Pull mechanics, Lower body isometrics, Anti rotation, Anti extension, Anti lateral flexion, Hip/Ankle stability, Reactive Neuromuscular Training, Barefoot/Pedestal Training.
- Segmental Cat Camels – x5
- Side Lying Thoracic Windmills – x10 each side
- Bird Dogs – 10 second Holds x3 each side
- Tall Kneeling Pelvic Tilts – with Trainer assisted anti extension and anti rotation techniques
- Foam Roller Wall Slides x 10 x 2 set’s
- SlingShot Lateral Shuffles x 45 seconds
- A. Bird Dog Rows @ Bench – 3 sets x 10 reps
- B. McGill Press @ Bench – 3 set’s x 10 Reps
- A. Staggered Low Anchor Rows @ Functional Trainer with RNT hip abduction – 2-3 sets x 10 Reps
- B. Standing Landmine Press – Staggered position – 2-3 sets x 10 Reps
- A. SlideBoard Body Saws – 2-3 set’s x 10-12 Reps
- B. Single Arm Farmers Carries – 30 Second Carries x 2-3 set each side.
- A. Thoracic Bridges – 2 minutes side 2 side
- B. Shin Box Shifts – 2 Minutes side 2 side
- C. Downward Dogs to Child’s Pose x 10
Hope you enjoyed the workout!